Our members are professionals who come from a wide variety of disciplines including occupational therapists, speech therapists, nurses, counselors, psychologists, animal support, and educators.
By becoming a member, you will be a part of a worldwide community of professionals who share the common interest and practice of animal assisted interventions including animal assisted therapy and animal assisted education. Members will benefit from the exchange of information found within the ‘Members Area’ of the website.
As a developing organization, our goal is to offer our members the following:
- Regular International Conferences
- Professional Level Standards of Practice for Healthcare/Social Service Providers, Animal Support,
- Animal Welfare, and Clients/Patients/Students
- Professional Level Evaluations for Humans and Animal
- Use of the AAII Logo
- Regional Workshops
- Dog Training and Handling Tips
- Animal Assisted Therapy Tips & Ideas
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Book, DVD, and Product Reviews
- List Serve
- Open Forums
- Networking (general, discipline specific, program development, internships, international collaboration, and more!)